The news story of Trump’s personal shower stands out for its level of idiocy rather than its outstandingly contribution to mankind.
A recent report on the U.S. Department of Energy’s new proposed regulations on water flow in shower heads totally defies belief. Apparently, the Department received a formal complaint from the White House that the current regulations governing water flow through shower heads resulted in less water than the President needed to make sure his hair style was perfect.
1. Don’t these people have better things to do with their time than spend it on a hair complaint, even if it was from the President.
2. Doesn’t the President of the United States have better things to do with his time than instructing the Department of Energy to write new shower head regulations because the current ones are messing up his hair style – it seems pretty messed up all the time anyway, at least to me.
3. Doesn’t anyone in the Department of Energy have the guts to say, “NO, this is a ridiculous request, and I’m not going to waste my time addressing it.”
4. Does anyone in the Department of Energy, of all places, have any consideration for the fact that the U.S. is running out of water, and range wars are being fought over it in the western states and between the U.S. and Mexico.
5. I won’t even ask if this is responsible behaviour for the President of the United States because it obviously isn’t.
6. The only positive outcome of this idiocy that I can think of is that it terminally confirms that we have a sitting President who is only concerned with himself at all levels and at all times – his re-election, his fragile ego, his rich friends (only because he can foresee making money out of them later) and now, his hairstyle.
The whole episode would be totally pathetic and forgettable if Donald Trump wasn’t the leader of the most powerful nation on earth. As it is, it’s symptomatic of a problem that is potentially very dangerous for the United States and the world. If President Putin, his apparent idol, suddenly insults him, will he unleash the B-52’s on Moscow. I hate to be a total pessimist but it’s a short step from the self-centered mania that produces Presidential orders to change laws because of his hairstyle, to dispatching nuclear bombers over an affront to his ego.
There have been many rumours over the past year or so about Trump’s mental health/illness. Republicans have ignored and denied the obvious symptoms because they want to hang on to power through the next election, but can we take the risk that Trump is apparently rapidly losing track of reality on many levels……….and he has the sole finger on the U.S.’s nuclear trigger.
I hope I’m wrong, but that doesn’t mean I’m not. Certainly, this story of Trump’s personal shower lends credence to the idea that I am not wrong.